Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chapter 6: Slush and Homesickness

Today was a pretty low key day. Since it snowed so much last night, the gang and I got to skip going to the Philadelphia Center at 9:30 a.m. and got to put it off until 2:30 p.m. That was pretty great, because I got to do some reading and some napping.

After we went to the Center at 2:30, we walked around the city (you'd think we would have covered all that ground by now, but we've barely made a dent) and bought some interview clothes for Aaron- who has his first interview tomorrow. It was fun- except the city is in disarray because of all the snow. The streets and sidewalks were about 100% slush. My boots are not waterproof and by the end of the walk my socks were soaked through. Not fun.

But we got home and made dinner together: a yummy stir fry! It was good and it's always fun eating together and then doing something silly like looking at failblog all together.

I have to admit, though I truly am loving Philadelphia- I'm getting a tad bit homesick. I miss my nieces and nephews and siblings and parents and friends I haven't seen in awhile. I'm not overly distraught about it or anything, but I miss 'em. Oh well, that's what home is for. It's always there when you need it (though every time I go back I think dear god-when can I leave again? hahaha).

I signed up for a netflix account, which is pretty rad. Now we can watch movies movies movies without the hassle of finding a place to rent them from. I'm excited- cause it's cheap and I love movies :)

Well, up early tomorrow. Going to the Center, maybe the Market too. And I can't forget about all the homework!!

No comments:

Post a Comment